We were proud to be chosen to work alongside Royal Brompton Hospital and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust, where the Children's Long Term Ventilation (LTV) service helps deliver a range of services, from paediatric intensive care to complex discharge planning.
The multi-disciplined Brompton team provides a wealth of services to healthcare institutions all across London.
What we did
Our team at Ultimedia developed a tailored digital solution that complemented direct training, and catered to all levels of skill and experience for providers and users. The intuitive nature of the system allowed the LTV unit team to create unique courses with assistance from our experts.
The LTV unit team were delighted with the results, and used the system to offer a pre-session course for both carers and professionals within weeks of completion.
As a result of utilising the pre-session course:
- Theoretical training is covered online, saving more time for practical care training.
- Any areas of weakness from trainees can be easily identified and catered for.
- Attendees of the full hands-on training course reported a 98% satisfaction rating.
- Trainees and carers could be assessed for their levels of understanding, and given further guidance.
Why they needed us
Children with long-term respiratory illnesses can now be cared for at hospital or at home, but they often need advanced technology and equipment to keep them alive.
Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS needed to supplement the successful face to face training provided by the unit, to those involved in the transfer from hospital to home. A new E-learning platform was required that could meet the training demands, and our proposal provided the solution.
How we helped
We successfully built an E-learning platform that met all of the training requirements for Royal Brompton Harefield NHS, which was:
- Easy to use for all users.
- Available 24 hours a day on all browsers.
- Intuitive to edit and easy to create new interactive courses.
- Compatible with all video and image formats.
- Equipped with moving and still graphics for text, along with PDF style documents.
- Able to cater to all levels of skill and experience.
- Complete with certificate management, version control and ease of branding.